You can’t turn the TV on without seeing a commercial for some sort of hair removal treatment, cream or procedure. Eliminating hair all over our bodies is very on trend nowadays. However, if you’re living with hair loss due to an illness, like alopecia, or experiencing male or female pattern hair loss and desperately want to encourage hair growth, there is a state-of-the-art new treatment Dr. Green offers you to help with just that.
As the leading dermatologist in Deerfield Beach, Dr. Green and his team at Green Dermatology & Cosmetic Center offer the best skincare treatments and are ready to help you regain your hair and your confidence. Here are a few of Dr. Green’s tips for hair growth, starting with the latest and greatest in innovative hair regrowth treatments
Sunetics Hair Growth Laser
We all lose hair, about 50-100 strands a day, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, However, male or female pattern hair loss is typically caused by the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It disrupts your hair cycle, causes hair to weaken (which may look like thinning hair) and if follicles continue to shrink due to DHT, they then stop producing hair altogether.
To help with hair loss, Green Dermatology & Cosmetic Center proudly offers our clients the Sunetics Hair Growth Laser , a revolutionary laser technology that is safe, non-invasive and effective for both men and women. We use a cold laser that doesn’t give off any heat (so don’t worry about any pain ) and produces coherent light that penetrates the scalp and reaches the base of your hair follicle. It then stimulates the follicle and allows it to heal. With this treatment, hair loss is halted, follicles are repaired, and your hair will grow back!
Within two months your hair is stabilized to reduce the shedding and thinning. Then, within four months the quality of your existing hair will become fuller and healthier. After five to seven months, you will see the regrowth of healthy, new hair.
Advice For After The Treatment
Once you’ve undergone the Sunetics Hair Growth Laser treatment, it’s best to know some tips for avoiding any more hair loss.
- Many of us have been shampooing incorrectly all our lives. Instead of lathering up all of your hair, just massage the shampoo into your scalp and then let it run through the rest of your hair as the water rinses it out.
- After that, make sure to condition your hair. Don’t skip this important step.
- Once out of the shower, don’t dry your hair by rubbing it with a towel. Instead, wrap it in a towel and then let it air dry.
- As for brushing while your hair is wet, use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush – and avoid excessive brushing throughout the day, it’s not necessary.
- If you use a blow dryer or curling iron, try to use it less. When you do use it, use it at a lower heat temperature.
- Finally, remember, pulling your hair back tightly into a ponytail, using hair extensions/weaves or relaxing/dyeing your hair will damage it as well.
Stop worrying about hair loss, and call Green Dermatology & Cosmetic Center today at 954-481-0650 to schedule your first Sunetics Hair Growth Laser session. With such a variety of cosmetic skincare treatments, skincare products and clinical dermatology services in Boca Raton and Deerfield Beach, Dr. Green is ready to help you throw that baseball cap away so you can enjoy your full head of healthy hair.